Saturday, July 2, 2011

Let Freedom Ring and ring and ring . . .

Who are the Free and the Brave?  


As I freely write, I am freely safe in my home studio, cool and calm.    I give no thought to hand grenades or misstepping on hidden land mines.  There are no blood-crusted sleeves on my linen white shirt.   My jacket is not putrid because of the sweat and grime of my unwashed  under arms.  My sappy habit of grumbling about the grinding heat will not be tolerated by me, now, never.   Slap! Slap!  


Free, I am, only because of the Brave.   Who are the Brave  who gift me with their sacrificial service  to our America.   I ask myself, would I be brave enough to  push through  enemy troops, ambush evil, leap onto grenades to save friends, countrymen . . . and women?  


When it comes to protecting our nation and sacrificing all for America's people, the Brave in the dark trenches, on the war front must be celebrated at all costs.      Nothing compares to the Brave to make us free , except for God who holds the Brave in His Loving Hands.      Why, dear God, must so many return homeland robed with the flag of  Dedication, Mercy  and American Purpose?    Today, I wrap my prayers around the sloping shoulders of parents and wives and husbands and children, all who mourn their Brave Ones.    




Oh yes I am Free, only because of those who are Brave.   
With High Regard and All Heavenly Protection to our Soldiers, the Brave, the Holy Ones of God.    Because of the Brave, I am free, indeed.     Linda Wilson, 7/2/11

No comments: